Ir al contenido principal

My plan is no plan, Malaysia must be in your bucket list.

Malaysia had never been in my bucket list. I didn't know anything about this country except from the existence of the Petronas  twin towers in Kuala Lumpur, after having them as a study case in one of my architecture classes in University.   Even while I was "planning" my trip through all south East Asian countries was not there. Just because of the restrictions that Colombians have with the visa( we cannot have a visa once we are out of our country) on top of that, if we get to have one, it is just given for 14 days time. So I simply took it out of my panorama. 


Owing to what I have based my journey: The plan is not plan. "I've been opening opportunities and doors that I've never imagined were going to be opened, or at least for now.
Last august I arrived to Nepal with two of my best Colombian friends, just with the intention to have a nice trek in the Himalayan region and get to see at least for one time the peak that most of the people talk about, in movies, documentaries , news and that is the most famous mountain in the whole world, The Everest.

We started a trek the 19th of August, knowing that we needed to be out of the country by 27th after  our 15 day visa expiration. Our plan, because we thought there was not enough time to make it until Annapurna Base Camp (4130m) was doing a short trek through the Annapurna region. Luckily in our way, I met in Poon Hill a really nice Chilean guy (Angelo) that insisted me to go, advising me that we where going to be able to make it before the deadline. 

After his persuasion on me, I convinced my two friends to go to ABC. We made it. The 24 of August we arrived to Annapurna Base Camp (4130m) after the longest day of all our journey, crossing the most frightening wooden bridge,  having a really bad weather, rainy and fogy. With out been able to see a single shade of the magnificent maintains we where welcome and clapped by a Malaysian team at the tea house  where we were supposed to pass the night. This was highest altitude I've reached in my life.

Actually, I didn't know that this was a crucial encounter that was about to change the course of my life. We enter to the living room and were welcomed by warmest people we met along the way. The Malaysian team was lead by a Azim Afif, malay everest summiter in 2016 (peak journey Adventure), that with his smile and empathy gave us the welcoming and introduced us to his team. 

Me and my two girl-friends were impressed of the energy that was there. Our conclusion was that after coming from two countries that are located on the equator line, this might affect what we where feeling and the connection we where having with them.

Since this day until now I personally started to be more curious about this country. After spending all the way back from the mountains to Kathmandu, passing through Pokarah with this group of men. We get to create a endless friendship that was allowing me to know what Malaysia was, and why needed to go to visit this Muslim country.

To start this new episode of my life,  I must tell you that after this trek and meeting Azim, I dusted of my dream of one day going to the Everest. He unlocked me the road map that he had to the Everest, after showing him my determination to do it. Part of it, was going to Malaysia no matter the situation that limited me, so I could keep bonding my friendship with him and his team members. There for his intermediation, me as a Colombian obtained my Visa for 14 days. I entered for the first to a Muslim country in Kuala Lumpur international airport the 9th of October of 2018.
The impossible was possible!


Today sitting on the chair 4E in a Malindo airplain flying from Kuala Lumpur to Kathmandu. I can only thank God with tears of joy in my eyes for letting me lived the last 53 days of my life in this amazing country.
For me this country was full of that army of angels that my mother alway remind me that God sends to take care of me. I'm not me most religious person but a do believe in God and definitely after learning so much about Islam, I not only got to understand this religion (which was a totally missconception after all Western media) I got to understand more about my Christian Protestant religion. Now I'm closer to God and now I daily remind about  Inshallah ( if God wills)
What all my friends taught me.

Malaysia truly Asia, that's what my friends told me once I met them in n Nepal. The first thing they told me was about their country's  amazing food. And it is true is very tasty,  there is so much variety. I had never eaten that much! Hahaha it was soo good. But for me further than the food, what really filled my heart  were all the friends I manage to made, all the people that I encounter all the people that moved sky and Earth for me. The network that I got in this country in uncountable and priceless.

From an Everest summiter, to common beautiful nursery students (my roommies in Ipoh). I met business men and women, architecture colleagues, politicians, restaurant owners, polo and sports lovers, football players. I even had the  pleasure to have dinner and a whatch a  movie in a cinema with one of the most famous couples in Malaysia (for me just common people, I didn't know about them)  she a gorgous singer (Siti Sarah) and he an unforgettable comedian (Shuib), what a humble people. Adittionaly I got the chance to spoke to so many people different ages with so much wisdom and experience that elevate my level of intellect.


For me this whole experience let me understand the value of network and the value of always opening a door with a smile for a truly friendship.
I'm so glad I get to know all the people that I met, i know they will be the seeds for new projects and future dreams. God bless you all.
Now I can say that Malaysia must be in your bucket list and as I told everyone I met, please go to Colombia and get to know my people and what truly my country is. Is not just drugs, cartel and narcos. Please, please, please as I manage to change the way I saw a country and even the Islam. I encourage you to go and get exposed, go and get first hand information and a magical experience in there. You will love it, as much as I loved my first Southeast Asia country.


Share as much as you want,

Enjoy it and it will be so nice hearing from you

Check out the video of my trek to Annapurna Base Camp Here-> ABC( Nepal)- Colombia +Malaysia
Subscribe to my channel and follow me on Instagram

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

el amor no es literatura si no se puede escribir en la piel

...el amor no es literatura si no se puede escribir en la piel -Joan Manuel Serrat- Desde tiempos inmemoriales, la humanidad se debate entre lo que es y lo que puede ser, entre lo que hace y lo que puede hacer. La posibilidad es el horizonte de sentido que configura la existencia humana. No la esperanza, que surge del deseo de que lo imposible se haga posible, ilusión que deposita en la fortuna la responsabilidad de realización, sino la posibilidad es lo que mueve al mundo. Saber que algo es posible, es conocer los pasos para lograrlo; es reconocer en las propias fuerzas la energía suficiente para transitar esos pasos; es dominar la voluntad que pone en marcha esa fuerza. Esa maravillosa mezcla entre conocimiento, capacidad y voluntad impregna de sentido la vida humana. Conozco pocas personas que hayan logrado un equilibrio potente entre el conocimiento, la capacidad y la voluntad para alcanzar un objetivo; pero sin lugar a dudas, un de esas personas es María Camila. Mi...